Sunday, March 29, 2009

SKETCH-OF-THE-DAY 053


This one is for Tim.  One of the toughs that lived in our neighborhood back in the day was named "Mitchell" - isn't that such a bully name?  I mean, MITCHELL for God's sake.  Given, it was his last name but still - his name wasn't Les Walbenstein or Harold Bortle - it was Chris Mitchell - and by those of us he terrorized, he was known simply as Mitchell.  Anyway, Tim and I likened him to a demon the likes of Tim Curry's character in the movie Legend.  And we further fantasized that he roared around our 'hood in a demonic roadster - bellowing threats to the physical well being of the younger kids, the less-tough, and, in my case, the ludicrously geeky.

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard right now. This is so awesome. Thank god Mitch was cool with us and didn't really mess with us too much. The occasional ribbing or joke, or yelling at us from the window of his car as he roared down the street.

    Of course I think I recall him hockey checking some dude who took a cheap shot during field hockey...that was awesome.

    Good Times...

    ReplyDelete