Tuesday, March 29, 2011

NAME THAT ALBUM COVER!

Here it is, folks! Here are all ten album cover tributes! Be the first to "comment" the correct album title and band(artist) name for all ten and win the original artwork pictured HERE. And also bask in the glory of winning a contest for which you successfully employed your nearly useless knowledge of album cover imagery. Hoozah!

The drawings are listed from ONE (first) to TEN (last) so make your list accordingly when you submit it. There should be no need to make a random guess here - I picked albums based on the uniqueness of the cover image - thus, there is no doubt when you put the drawing and the original cover side by side. If you're uncertain, why, you're already on the internet - you can find out if you're right in like, two seconds.

Good luck!









12 comments:

  1. Wow, I immediately recognized ever single one except for the one with the girl on the horse. Dang. Well, 9 outa 10 ain't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you're so close then! Get one of your music-savvy pals on the phone and figure it out, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik.
    2. Winger - Winger.
    3. Heart - Bad Animals.
    4. Pink Floyd - The Division Bell.
    5. Led Zeppelin - IV (Fourth Album).
    6. Ween - Chocolate and Cheese.
    7.Styx - Grand Illusion.
    8. Boogie Down Productions - By All Means Necessary.
    9. Sonic Youth - Dirty.
    10. Tori Amos - Boys for Pele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy macaroni! I thought maybe it'd take a little longer than that - but "TOM" is the winner! (Sheesh - I'll have to make it a little tougher next time!) Congrats to Tom for his album cover savvy diligence!

    All righty, Tom - send me an e-mail with your mailing address and all that. You get the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops - here's my e-mail address: steve2@rottface.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Believe me. It was not easy. Tori Amos and Styx gave me a very hard time. Great contest, though. Very fun. You made me stay up past my bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Styx! That one hung me up! Oh well. Good job Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hah! I think #3 could also be Jefferson Starship/Knee Deep In The Hoopla.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks tom to putting me out of my misery. Could we make a second contest for people who were way off?

    I had the winger one as Def Leopard and the Heart one as Genesis's "Trick of the Tail". I guess I should beleived steve when he said "no doubt when you put the drawing and the original cover side by side."
    Then the only one from the second set I got was Sonic Youth. Ahh Welll. Now at least I have my life back. Steve please do not invite to anymore contests, as my wife was starting to complain.

    Thanks for a fun yet un-google-able contest
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no idea what are the albums and covers. But, I love the sketches. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete